I’m really big on the smoothie game. Drinking a lot of blended meals was essential in my personal healing and smoothies still rule my diet today.
Here are 5 reasons why you should hop on the smoothie train:
- Speedy healing. Fruits and vegetables are your healing friends! Blending up plant-based smoothies quenched the pain and inflammation over time that had been sidelining me.
- Ease of digestion. Drinking blended meals helps to lessen the burden on your digestive system.
- Consume WAY more vegetables. Honestly, I wasn’t always the biggest fan of vegetables as the thought of chewing on a fibrous salad for hours was exhausting. So, I just started blending my veg. Carrots, beets, kale, swiss chard, cucumber, tomato… there are not many vegetables that haven’t met death by blender in my house.
- Save time in the kitchen. Can you prep and cook a nutritious meal in less than 10 minutes? Smoothies don’t require a lot of planning. If you’re rushing out the door, chuck some fruit and veg along with some fat and protein into a high-speed blender with some filtered water… Done. Meal in a cup!
- Easy way to get variety into your diet. Eating the same foods on rotation can lead to nutrient deficiencies and allergies. Variety is king in fortifying the body. Blending in more exotic fruits, or different greens into your smoothies is a snap.
If these “5 Reasons to Start Drinking Smoothies” weren’t enough for you, I would say that the best reason of all is that it will get you back into the kitchen. It’s here where the best solutions to your health problems can be found. If you are looking for a smoothie recipe to get started, this recipe is one of my all time favourites. Peace.